I’m guessing it was raining during this show, since the Dead break out a weather/rain mini-set: “Box of Rain” (yeahhhh), “Samba in the Rain” (nooooooo), “Looks Like Rain” (okaaaayyyyyy) and “Here Comes Sunshine” (ehhhhh). Man, “Samba in the Rain” is so bad, good lord. But despite its inclusion and even though the Dead sounds a little tired at points during this gig, there are still some inspired segments. The opening “Feel Like A Stranger” is fine and funky. The rarely aired “High Time” is world weary as hell. Dunno if “Corrina,” which turned up later as a Ratdog song (I think?), is a classic, but there’s some sweet jamming. Can it be we only have one more show in the Summer of Dead? Zounds!
Choice cut: Gotta hand it to “Morning Dew” — after almost 30 years of playing it, the Dead still manage to knock it out of the park almost every time.
- gratephullycheesey reblogged this from gratefullydreaming
- wav-v-ves reblogged this from gratefullydreaming
- kriszensufi likes this
- blow-job-queen reblogged this from gratefullydreaming
- gratephullycheesey likes this
- gratefullydreaming reblogged this from doomandgloomfromthetomb
- doomandgloomfromthetomb posted this